Post: Support Worker
Responsible to: Registered Manager
Serendipity Care and Support are looking for enthusiastic applicants with a positive approach and commitment to improving people’s lives. Previous experience in care is an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given. NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential with a view to working towards it. Key duties will include:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing quality support to service users in their daily living, within their homes within the community.
- Areas covered are Pyle, Porthcawl, Cefn Cribwr, Cornelly, Brackla, Bridgend, Cefn Glas, Maesetg, and Nantyffyllon.
- Driving licence and own vehicle.
- Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure met by employer.
- To work together with team members carrying out designated tasks involving direct care.
- Promoting independence with dignity and respect, robustly encouraging control and choice.
- To contribute to the planning of care for individual residents and maintaining care records on residents where appropriate, including reporting of any observations made.
- To act in an emergency by notifying the emergency services, Operational Director and/ or Registered Manager.
- Function effectively as part of the team working flexible shifts including night duties, weekends and bank holidays.
- Observe and ensure that care standards are maintained in respect of personal hygiene and food hygiene.
- To carry out duties which may be required under the direction of the Registered Manager or by an individual acting on their behalf.
- To work in accordance with the Care Council for Wales Code of Practice and Serendipity Care’s policies and procedures.
- To participate in supervision and attend training and education as identified at annual appraisals and/or by the organisation.
- To achieve or sign up to NVQ 2 or equivalent within one year of employment at Serendipity Care and Support Ltd.
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License